Trihydroxymethyl aminomethane, abbreviated as Tris base, is a very important compound in chemical research and applications. It is an alkaline, low toxicity, and highly reactive compound widely used in fields such as biochemistry, molecular biology, bioengineering, and drug development. In these fields, there are strict requirements for the quality and purity of trimethylaminomethane. The following will provide a detailed introduction to the characteristics and applications of the analytical purity level of trimethylaminomethane.
Tris base powder
Characteristics of Trihydroxymethyl Aminomethane
Trihydroxymethylaminomethane is a white crystalline powder, easily soluble in water, with the molecular formula C4H11NO3 and a molecular weight of 121.135. Its alkalinity is due to the tertiary amine group contained in its molecular structure, which allows it to accept protons and form cations. This characteristic also makes it an effective buffer solution in many chemical reactions.
The purity of trihydroxymethylaminomethane has a significant impact on various experiments, and is generally classified into industrial grade, analytical grade, and analytical grade. Trihydroxymethylaminomethane has higher purity, better reaction activity, and more stable quality.
Quality requirements for analytical purity of trimethylaminomethane
Quality control is the key to ensuring the quality and purity of pure grade trimethylaminomethane for analysis. Generally, quality requirements include the following aspects:
1. Metal impurities: Trihydroxymethylaminomethane is used as an experimental reagent to detect whether metal impurities exceed the standard through atomic absorption spectroscopy and other methods. The content of metal impurities is required to be in the order of ppm or ppb.
2. Loss on drying: Loss on drying is another indicator that needs attention, and the quality standard for high-purity trimethylaminomethane is usually ≤ 0.2%.
3. Other organic impurities: The main content needs to be>99%, while other organic impurities should be<1% to ensure the high purity of trimethylaminomethane. The trimethylaminomethane produced by Desheng contains almost no impurities, up to 99%.
4. Solubility: Easily soluble in water, without precipitation or impurities.
5. Acidity and alkalinity: Determine the pH value to ensure that its alkalinity meets the requirements.
6. Sterility and safety: In certain applications, such as drug development and clinical diagnosis, it is necessary to ensure its sterility and ensure that it is harmless to the human body and pollution-free to the environment.
Purity Analysis Method for Trihydroxymethyl Aminomethane
1. High performance liquid chromatography (HPLC): HPLC is commonly used to determine the content of impurities in trihydroxymethylaminomethane. The mixture is separated by pushing the sample through the column under high pressure, based on the distribution coefficient of the components in the column.
2. Mass spectrometry (MS): Mass spectrometry can be used to detect and identify impurities in trimethylaminomethane, providing highly sensitive analysis.
3. Infrared spectroscopy (IR): Infrared spectroscopy can be used to analyze the molecular structure and functional groups of trimethylaminomethane.
Application of Analytical Pure Grade Trihydroxymethylaminomethane
1. Biochemical and molecular biology experiments: Trihydroxymethylaminomethane is an effective buffer that can be used to maintain the stability of biological molecules. It is commonly used to prepare and preserve biological macromolecules such as proteins and nucleic acids. Meanwhile, due to its high reactivity, it is often used as a catalyst for enzyme reactions.
2. Pharmaceutical intermediate: Trihydroxymethylaminomethane is often used as a reactant or catalyst in drug development, helping to synthesize new drug molecules. Meanwhile, due to its low toxicity, it is often used as a drug carrier or drug release medium.
3. Laboratory research: Analysis of pure grade trimethylaminomethane is widely used in laboratory research, such as electrophoresis, chromatography, spectroscopy, and other experiments, as a buffer solution.
4. Clinical diagnosis: In certain clinical diagnostic experiments, such as nucleic acid testing and immunoassay, analyzing pure levels of trimethylaminomethane can provide the necessary reaction environment.
In various life science experiments, high-purity trimethylaminomethane is the key to ensuring the accuracy of the experiment. By selecting appropriate analytical methods and strictly controlling the production process, trimethylaminomethane that meets the purity standards can be obtained. As a manufacturer of trimethylaminomethane, Desheng can provide analytical grade raw materials with key values such as main content, molecular weight, solubility, acidity, and alkalinity for customer testing. It also provides samples for safe use in different scenarios without interference. If you are interested, please click on the website to inquire and purchase!