Luminol reagent is a commonly used chemiluminescent reagent, commonly used in fields such as forensic science, biomedical science, and chemical analysis. However, when using luminol for testing, there may be failures that affect the accuracy of the test results. Why does the Lumino reagent test fail? Let's take a look together.
Principle of Lumino reagent detection
Luminol reagent is a chemiluminescent reagent that contains both Luminol and peroxidase, among which Luminol is an organic compound with the characteristic of producing luminescence in alkaline environments. When peroxidase is added, luminol reacts with hydrogen peroxide to produce chemiluminescence.
Reasons for Failure of Lumino Reagent Detection
1. Improper storage of reagents: Luminol reagents should be stored in a low temperature, dry, and dark environment. If not properly stored or stored under light conditions, they are prone to photodegradation and reduce luminescence performance.
2. Reagent contamination: Luminol reagents are contaminated during production, storage, and use, such as microbial contamination, impurity contamination, etc. These pollutants can interfere with chemical reactions, reduce luminescence performance, and lead to reagent failure.
3. Excessive hydrogen peroxide concentration: Luminol reagent mainly reacts with hydrogen peroxide to produce chemiluminescence, but excessive hydrogen peroxide concentration may lead to excessive reaction and reduced performance.
4. Improper reaction conditions: The reaction of luminol reagent is affected by factors such as temperature, pH value, and reaction time, and improper reaction conditions can affect the reagent.
5. Sample interference: Some sample substances may interfere with the reaction between luminol reagent and hydrogen peroxide, thereby affecting the luminescence performance. For example, certain biological tissues or cellular components may contain peroxidase or reducing substances that interfere with luminescent reactions.
6. Expiration of reagents: Luminol reagents have a certain expiration date, and reagents that exceed the expiration date will reduce their luminescence performance.
Measures to avoid the failure of luminol reagent detection
1. Properly stored: To ensure stability, it should be stored in a low temperature, dry, and dark environment, avoiding direct exposure to sunlight or high temperatures.
2. Strict control of reaction conditions: When using luminol reagents, reaction conditions such as temperature, pH value, and reaction time should be strictly controlled to ensure that the reaction conditions are within an appropriate range.
3. Reasonable sample selection: When conducting testing, appropriate sample substances should be selected to avoid the influence of interfering substances on the luminescence reaction.
4. Regular inspection of instruments: To ensure the accuracy of detection results, the working status of chemiluminescence analysis instruments should be checked regularly. If there is a malfunction or problem, repair or replace the components in a timely manner.
5. Pay attention to the expiration date of reagents: Before using Luminol, its production date and expiration date should be checked to avoid using expired reagents that may result in inaccurate test results.
6. Establish a quality control system: To ensure testing results, a strict quality control system should be established. By conducting regular internal quality control and external quality assessments, potential issues are identified and corresponding measures are taken to improve and optimize the testing process.
7. Timely training: The skills and experience of operators have a significant impact on the quality of test results. Therefore, systematic training should be provided to operators to improve their professional operation level, help them familiarize themselves with the characteristics and usage methods of luminol reagents, and be able to carry out relevant operations accurately and normatively.
Luminol reagents play an important role in biochemical experiments, but their performance is easily affected by various factors. To ensure the effectiveness of the reagents, special attention should be paid to the above details. Once there is a failure phenomenon, it is advisable to consider purchasing new reagents instead of persistently using them, as it may cause a series of troubles for subsequent experiments.
As a research and development manufacturer of luminescent reagents, Desheng has a high content of luminol raw materials and uses high-quality light proof bottles for storage and transportation, effectively avoiding the impact of light on the reagents. This preservation measure not only ensures the quality and performance of the reagents, but also makes customers more confident and satisfied during use. The company always insists on providing customers with high-quality products and services, and has won the trust and praise of a large number of customers. If you are interested, please click on the website to inquire about purchasing!