EDTA-K2 test tube is a common reagent container in chemical laboratories, and its main component, EDTA-K2, is a strong chelating agent commonly used in test tubes to prevent blood clotting. Moreover, due to its strong chelating ability, it can form stable complexes with various metal ions, effectively protecting biomolecules and cells from the influence of metal ions. Therefore, ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid can also be used to prepare chelating buffer solutions, ion selective electrode standard solutions, etc. What are the characteristics of potassium ethylenediaminetetraacetate test tubes? Let's take a look together.
Potassium ethylenediaminetetraacetate in vitro anticoagulation
The anticoagulant principle of potassium ethylenediaminetetraacetate in test tubes, as a chelating agent, mainly involves binding with divalent metal ions in the blood to prevent the activity of thrombin and thus prevent blood clotting. Its molecular structure contains multiple carboxyl groups that can provide lone pair electrons. These carboxyl groups form chelates with calcium ions in the blood, reducing the concentration of free calcium in the blood and thus inhibiting the coagulation process.
Method of using potassium ethylenediaminetetraacetate for in vitro blood collection
When using potassium ethylenediaminetetraacetate test tubes in blood collection, the following steps need to be noted:
1. Test tube pretreatment: Although potassium ethylenediaminetetraacetate test tubes are usually subjected to strict quality control, attention should still be paid to ensuring that the inner surface of the test tube is clean and free of any pollutants before blood collection.
2. Blood collection operation: Using sterile technology to ensure the sterility of the blood collection needle and pipeline.
3. Timely mixing: After blood collection, gently invert the test tube to ensure that potassium ethylenediaminetetraacetate is evenly mixed in the blood, which helps prevent sufficient blood coagulation.
Application of potassium ethylenediaminetetraacetate test tube in hematology
1. Whole blood cell count: The blood in a potassium ethylenediaminetetraacetate test tube can be used for whole blood cell counting, including red blood cell count, white blood cell count, hemoglobin measurement, etc. Due to its excellent anticoagulant performance, it can ensure that blood remains in its original form after collection.
2. Cell morphology examination: Blood smears are an important means of understanding the morphology of blood cells. Blood collected in potassium ethylenediaminetetraacetate test tubes is suitable for preparing blood smears without causing interference.
3. Blood type identification: In blood type research, blood collected using potassium ethylenediaminetetraacetate test tubes can maintain the activity of blood type antigens and antibodies, which helps with accurate blood type identification.
Characteristics of potassium ethylenediaminetetraacetate test tubes
1. Corrosion resistance: Potassium ethylenediaminetetraacetate test tubes are usually made of corrosion-resistant materials, making them suitable for experiments under various conditions.
2. Chemical stability: Due to the chemical stability of ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid, potassium ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid test tubes can provide a relatively stable chemical environment in blood experiments.
Precautions for use
1. Quality control: Select a quality assured brand of ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid potassium raw material test tube to ensure that the content of anticoagulant in the test tube meets the standards, so as not to affect the experimental results.
2. Avoid hemolysis: Strong reversal or excessive oscillation may cause blood cell rupture, leading to hemolysis. Therefore, when mixing blood, it is necessary to gently reverse the operation.
3. Storage and transportation: Potassium ethylenediaminetetraacetate test tubes should be stored in a cool and dry place, avoiding direct sunlight and high temperatures. During use, it is necessary to ensure that the test tube is well sealed to avoid contamination, and during transportation, it must be packaged properly to prevent collision and compression.
The potassium ethylenediaminetetraacetate test tube, as an important tool for processing blood samples, plays a crucial role in clinical testing. During use, experimenters need to understand its characteristics and master the usage methods reasonably to ensure that the test results do not deviate.
Desheng serves as a supplier of raw materials for blood vessel additives such as potassium ethylenediaminetetraacetate, Desheng can provide analytical grade reagents for manufacturers to prepare for use in blood collection vessels. Not only does it have a significant anticoagulant effect, but it is also affordable, making it one of the commonly chosen manufacturers in the market to cooperate with. At present, a large amount of ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid dipotassium is available for sale in stock. Orders can be shipped immediately. If you have any purchasing intentions, please feel free to click on the website and consult us at any time!